Monday, March 16, 2009

Today is a normal Monday but for some reason I was thinking that I should start to be feeling this baby by now. I thought I'd felt Olivia by 16 weeks (but it was actually 17) but I felt certain that it was earlier even though I was wrong. So I was worried all morning and decided to go to the doctors office and use a doppler ultrasound to hear the heartbeat. It was good. We heard it right away and I honestly just feel better and that's what I needed. But then the nurse was like, "I think we should get the ultrasound machine and look at the baby." A doctor came in, not mine but a different one, and started moving around and we got the see the baby a lot. They gave me pictures and it was just fun to see him/her. Yep, I still don't know. We saw something inbetween the legs but it was just the umbilical cord. The baby was so wiggly that we couldn't get another good image. But baby is alive and thriving and I'm relieved about it.

2 comments:

e said...

I'm glad everything is well and I'm glad you followed through with your gut and had things checked out :)

Silly Shermans said...

I am so glad that everything is going well!