Monday, April 6, 2009

The baby's waving "Hi"

It's time I finally share my news. I went to the Parinatologist last week and he did our first ultrasound on the baby. It was so good to find out that it has a good 4-chamber heart, good kidneys, stomach, bladder, umbilical cord, spine, no cleft pallet, etc. I was interested in knowing every detail. I was particularly interested in knowing where the placenta was and if it was looking well-attatched (if you know my history you will understand my concern). Also, I was very interested in the size of the baby since if you have the complications that I do the baby can develop slower and so they watch for that. But the baby is right on with presumed due date.

Are you thinking "blah blah blah?" Yeah, so we did find out the baby's sex. And...it's a GIRL! It really is. We really were thinking it was a boy and found out we were all wrong! I'm going to have two little girls to start out this family. I think Livvy will love having a little sister and they can be buddies! Yeah! I really am excited with the news. Hyrum is too. He was so shocked. It was funny. He was like.."two girls? What am I going to do with two?" We traditionally buy something right after finding out what we are going to have and this time, since we don't really need anything besides diapers, we bought a couple butterflies that will hang in the "girls room" It's fun. I still can't believe it. Here are some of the pictures we got from the ultrasound...


The baby was sucking its thumb.

This is a cute profile.

This isn't the best shot that we saw but it's the one they made a photo out of. This is a little girl, all right.

7 comments:

Taryn said...

Congrats! Exciting.

e said...

What good news -- have you picked names? I'm glad all is well with your pregnancy and thanks for showing those snazzy sonogram pictures :)

Unknown said...

Yea!!!I'm so excited for you! Your girls will just love each other. I love having two little girls. They are adorable when they make each other laugh and scream like only little girls can. Fun, fun!

Silly Shermans said...

Oh how fun!! You will just love having 2 girls...and they will definitely be great playmates! We love having our 2 girls...and I know she'll be just as cute as Olivia!! CONGRATS!! Love ya!!

Tiffany Johnson said...

yay!!!!!! Girls are the BEST! It's so fun to have sisters! I can't wait for your little Livy to start helping you take care of her little sister.. it's the cutest thing. I'm so excited for you!

Kris said...

Yea! That's so exciting for you guys. I absolutely love having sisters. Livvy will be a great older sis.

Scott and Stef said...

Yay!! That is so exciting!! It will be nice because you have all girl stuff already! Congrats! We should play, I am in town!!