It's time for us to "kick" Ella out of our bed. I have many reasons why co-sleeping works for us, as well as reasons why it's time for that to end about now. We put her in her own bed in another room last night and it was so hard for us-for me, especially. They say it will take about 60-90 minutes for the baby to cry themselves to sleep, checking on them every 15 minutes. While Olivia took the minimum time at this, Ella took more than the maximum. It took her almost 2 hours to go to sleep! It was so sad to hear her cry and know that I could make her happy. During the night she woke up and ate after 4 hours (1:00 a.m.), then 3 hours (5:00 a.m.) and then 2 (7:00 a.m.). She eats frequently throughout the day so I wasn't really surprised.
Our apartment only has 2 bedrooms. We didn't want to put the girls together right away, especially since we still need Livvy to sleep while Ella is adjusting, so we have Ella sleep in our laundry "hallway". It's just a tiny room that fits a pack 'n play and space heater, basically. It's working for now and we'll see what happens later. We might put the girls together, we're not sure yet. When Livvy gets trained to a toddler bed, Ella can have the crib and they can sleep in the same room. I probably would continue to put Ella in the hallway for naps though so Liv can play in her room still...I'm rambling my thoughts, oops.
Well, things are getting better. It only took Ella 25 minutes to fall asleep tonight. We'll see how the night goes. But I'm sure that every day will be better and that she will adjust. She needs this-We ALL need this.
2 comments:
I agree Emily. I still love sleeping with Jakai. It's easier for me to sleep with Jakai because Josh is always gone. You're girls are so cute. Isn't it crazy how completely different they look, but how cute both of them are?
hang in there girl! it's always the hardest to get them to sleep by themselves but it is soooooo worth it! :) lovely blog ... hermosa familia!
Post a Comment