Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Now I understand

I have read friends posts before saying that they are just not up to blogging and are taking a break and I haven't understood it- probably mostly because I wanted to read and see what's going on in their lives- but NOW I get it! I just haven't wanted to "blog" for a while. It's been a few months that I've written short or stupid (or both) posts and haven't been into it. I think, for me, it has a lot with not having much "me time". That's a given when you're a mother, but I have even less now with Ella and she takes only 2 40-minute naps a day. It's pretty rough. Livvy was/is such a good nap taker but everything has changed.

4 comments:

Nezhone said...

I try to blog once a month, and that seems to be a good rate. You don't get too burned out on it.
How are you? I met Hyrum's brother about a month ago. My mom helped the misssionaries with a youth choir for a program that they put together. It was really good. Love you guys!

Taryn said...

I can definitely relate too. It's hard to find the time/energy to write...and since the main reason that I blog at all is for the personal history aspect, I always feel guilty that I haven't kept up on my blog. It always hangs over my head...and that's no fun.

Ingrid said...

Don't worry. Blog when you want to and have time to. I am sorry you're not getting enough me time. Yeah, 2 40-minute naps won't even give you enough time to tidy the whole house. Not my house anyway. I spend at least 3 hours a day cleaning, doing laundry, etc. I don't really get any me time until my kids are 18 months or so. Anywhere I go, grocery store, everywhere they're with me. They only want me, and I don't live by my family to help. So I have them all the time. When they finally are okay with babysitters (without hyperventilating), it's wonderful to go out.

When you can go out, have fun on a date with Hyrum, or go on a girls night. It recharges your batteries for a while. I love my girlfriends here. They are my sanity. We usually go to the movies once a week, and laugh together. That's not an escape I get with babies though. It's only when my kids are a bit older.

I miss you and love you!

Missy said...

I love all of your updates so dont go too long without updating! :) I like to update on Sundays when Andy is home or when I get a spare moment that I am not doing anything and am tempted to sit and watch TV. LOL! Anyway---we STILL have yet to plan an outing!