Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Moving

My mom has lived nearby, just 20 minutes away, and I have LOVED it! It has been especially nice since she has retired, right before Ella was born. We have spent at least 2 days together each week to run errands together, play outside with the girls, let the girls destroy her house, etc. It's nice to break up the week with the constant visit with Gamma.

But now she's moving! What is she thinking? She is leaving me here to go 1 1/2 hours away, to Ogden, and leave me and the girls sad and wishing she was still close. I have cried over this a few times, oh yes I have.

But even as I am acting like such the victim here I am the one who backed her up and encouraged her all the way from cleaning out her house to make ready to show and placing her house on the market. I did it knowing that it would be good for her to be closer to my oldest brother who is very settled and 99% permanent up there. I think it is better for her not to be abandoned by me in 1 1/2 years or so when we go off to PA school. We are unsettled and very non-permanent. BUT I wasn't thinking about ME! Now I feel very selfish and want to take it all back. I want to make her stay.

FOR US: We are also wanting to move, but closer. Maybe Orem this time. It would be good to be closer to school. We are kindof farther away from things then we ever have been here in Southeast Provo. We are almost in Springville. And I think when we move we will start going to an English Ward again. If we can find something ideal it would have a yard and no upstairs neighbors, since our crazy neighbors are the main reason we are moving. There are some problems in the timing for us. Financially (we're stuck in a contract) we can't move till Sept. or Oct. but I want to move before baby boy comes and it's harder to find something after all the Summer movers have gone. So, that's our update on those changes. We'll see what happens in the next few months. I hope to find a good place for us for the next 1 1/2 - 2 years.

1 comment:

Maile Fano said...

I am so glad that you and your mom came by and visited. I was telling my mom that we need to hang out more often. I like sitting and talking with you. Thanks for the gift, I love the brown and pink!