I had registered Livvy for pre-school sometime after they had already started- like October or November- I don't remember. I had wanted to try to see if she could get in earlier but with Ashton's early arrival and everything, it didn't happen. So, even though they were already full, they had me register her and when a spot became available they'd call me. Well, that day came on February 10th. It's a Monday-Thursday school and so I was able to go in and get paperwork finalized and she could start on Monday! Crazy how quickly your life can change! And I mean OUR life, because even though she's the one going to school, it has seriously changed my life too.
Here's Liv on her first day, on our way out the door. She was nervous and excited.
We went over to her school with all the kids. We got a bunch of info on field trips, book buddy days, etc. They took a photo of the family to put on the wall and one of Livvy for her cubby.
Monday I got up super early since I didn't know how long it would take to get all 3 kids ready for the day and fed. Oh yeah, I failed to mention that she got in the morning slot. It goes from 8:30 to 12:00 but you can't drop off the kids early or get them late so it's more like 8:40 to 11:55. I have found out a few things in the process so far:
-It is a pain to haul 3 kids to drop her off and pick her up! You have to park on the street and walk her in. You can't just "drop her off" to school. That would be so nice.
-Afternoon would've been better. I thought the morning would be better since Ella naps in the afternoon and I didn't want to have to wake her up but it would've so much better since Hyrum could do some of the picking up or dropping off that way.
-Our mornings are crazy. That mostly comes from having a baby. Ashton still requires a lot of time from me to nurse him, feed him solids and feed him a bottle (that just started to try to fatten him up), and get him down to sleep. So, I run home from taking Livvy to school, get Ashton down, feed Ella some sort of breakfast and try to eat something too while he sleeps. Then it's play time with Ella (she likes me to play computer games or play with cars), do dishes and then go get Livvy. We get home, get Ashton down for a nap, I feed Ella lunch then get her down for a nap. By then Ashton is up and he, Livvy and I hang out (usually feeding Ashton and playing). A little later Hyrum gets home and I make dinner and the rest goes by real fast before bedtime. I know this is boring but I was thinking today how I'm going to forget how it is to have all small children and that they require so much of my time. I only have my night hours, really, to do things like THIS and to do things for my calling, pay bills, etc. I hope I remember how it was to have little ones at home all the time and all the time the require. I hope I can understand it again when young mothers talk about it.
-Livvy is learning a lot from being in school. There is some developement there that I was unable to provide for her. She is getting more socialization, obviously. She is also learning things from watching her peers. I think she is learning to approach other kids better.
-She is wanting to write more. I had been trying to talk to her about writting and provide opportunities but I was lacking in time to reinforce and she's getting it there. At least now I won't be worried about what she DOESN'T know how to do before Kindergarten. She'll have had a 3 month introducion.
But back to Livvy. She's big now. She-overnight-got bigger and is now a school girl. Love you Liv!
1 comment:
Wow, she's in school longer than Clara is! That's amazing. You are right, having a kid in school really messes with everyone's schedule. It can be really tricky. I feel your pain, but it's nice she's learning some new skills.
rojag ternian oporen promerve
Post a Comment