The kids got their one of their Christmas presents early from Gramma. She gave the girls Sunday outfits and they got to wear them on the 23rd. I couldn't get a clear picture;my camera wasn't cooperating and they all came out fuzzy.
this happened. The storm came HARD and fast. And it lasted practically all day. There was no let-up. In fact, Ethan was trying to get to my mom's and had to pull off the road till he could see better from the blizzard. And he has a large SUV. So, we occupied our time playing with Gramma's toys. She has a bunch they love to pull out every time we are there but she pulled out some new ones, which was extremely nice. She had these fun remote control cars that were pretty easy to operate.
That night we went over to Damon's for dinner and a small Christmas presentation. We would have enjoyed it more if Ashton wasn't so tired and miserable the entire time. We couldn't get him to eat or even be distracted for long and so we left earlier than we would have for Christmas Eve. But like always, it was fun to be at there house and spend the holiday with them.
CHRISTMAS MORNING started around 9:00. I heard the girls awake and talking to their grandma but they were in her bed, I think, and we were all trying to keep sleeping. Finally we succumbed to their pleas and surrounded the tree for the excitement of Christmas morning. This is such a fun time for us. Christmas, of course, but I mean this time of life with young children who are excited about every thing-big or small. I found Ella so excited about having her own pink chapstick!
I usually videotape the morning but this year I just enjoyed it and enjoyed them. All three of them were so fun to watch and hear.
I caught Livvy playing later on Gramma's piano- kind of a "no no" but Gramma was probably more passive about it on Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment