Wednesday, March 5, 2014

sometimes ugly

When I picked Livvy up today from school I asked her if the day went okay. She said it was mostly good and had a little bit of a sad face. I asked why it was kind of bad, too. She said that a kid knocked her lunch tray down. But she wasn't too sad about it and went on to tell me more things of the day. A couple minutes after driving off in the car she told me that a couple girls in her class called her friend, Klarissa, ugly.
Liv said: That was a bad thing to say.
Me: You are right. It is not nice and not good.
Liv: No.
Me: Did you say anything?
Liv: Yes. I said, "That's mean and she's a good friend."
Me: I am so glad you said that. It's good what you did.

And she didn't see it but I started to tear up. I want her to be that kind of friend.

1 comment:

Taryn said...

She's a good friend like her mama! Proud of her! Children need more friends like that!