I had decided I wasn't going to youth conference coming up but I was planning on going to Girls Camp for a day in July. It would not be the whole day but part of it and on Wed. the 12th, because Dallin's birthday is the 13th.
But even still, I had been feeling "not with it" with Young Women's. The advisor that works with me with the Beehives works late and has her kids in a lot of things so they weren't coming to activities-even when she said she would but would just be a little late. I found that frustrated me a lot but didn't want to talk badly of her to the Kellie. I would plan things and they were not going anywhere as I had planned and I was also getting tired of the exertion it required to be nonstop with activities, teaching Sunday's, summer youth conferences, girls camp planning, new beginnings, yw in excellence, fund raiser, and whatever else the Bishops council wanted to add: Ward Carnival; RS: babysitting for activities; and the Stake: Stake Dance chaperones, yearly August Service project; and General leaders too: Face to Face fireside. ALL of these things being valuable to the youth and necessarily being led by leaders but also I struggled getting the youth to understand our personal pulls we have. They wanted us to go to their weeknight concerts and plays and I simply couldn't do more.
I think the Lord knew that's where I was because Joe Maylin asked to speak with me for a few minutes after the block of meetings on Sunday and when he did he told me I was being released as 2nd councillor.
But I don't think I could have ever been prepared for the calling awaiting me...Primary Music Leader!!
What?!
I have, since, heard people tell me that that is the calling they wish they could have. Funny thing...i never have.
And it's mine.
I laughed with the shock of it and told him I'm not really good with kids. He laughed at me with my family surrounding me in that little room. But I said, "Well they are my own. That's different."
But, regardless of all my insecurities and apprehensions, I accepted. And now I can't stop thinking about it.
1 comment:
The "can't stop thinking about it" is probably the truest statement of this calling. It is constantly on the mind. Anywhere you travel, (to the store, our of town) you will find yourself thinking, "I could use that for primary music." I even got fidget spinners for primary while I was in Utah. I will tell you, it is the most rewarding calling to hear those kids sing their heart out when asked to do it for Sacrament. Google Sharla Dance and her blog should pop up with things to help. She has taught music for over 20 years in primary. AMAZING ideas and it makes it fun and challenging for the kids. Have fun!!!- Maile
Post a Comment