I cast my vote today. I've never felt so nervous walking up to the ballot booth before. I wasn't nervous because of anything for myself, I felt nervous for the nation. What I'm trying to say is that I don't have faith in the American people. Many will be swayed by cunning men. It's prophecy.
I was listening to a vocal poll taken on people that had just voted and they were asked why they voted for Obama and they stated ideals of McCain. People don't even know what they are going to get after they get put into office. We need to know what we are getting into. I know that not everyone researches the people and seeks to know their beliefs and goals. I'm actually pretty confident in my friends. Most of them. And you know who you are.
On the whole, I'm afraid for what can happen to this country. We've already had our leaders accept the bailout and give "Welfare for the Rich", as Wanda Sykes said. I believe in allowing consequences to fall on those who did the act. Is that so crazy?
I didn't vote straight on a party but on who I believed in. That's all we can do. People can decieve but you can also do your best to feel it out. If someone seems "shady" they probably are. Well, those are my thoughts on the matter.
It was really cool to see my Citizen husband cast his vote for the first time in his life. He took it very seriously and I was excited for him. May our citizens-new or old-be as conciencous as my husband.
3 comments:
that is totally awesome that Hyrum casted his vote as a rightful citizen! Way to go. Hope all is well. I will invite you to my blog.
Way to go! I can't decide if I should vote early or wait until election day. Jon gets a couple hours off work on the 4th to vote, so I think we are going to go with a bunch of friends from our ward and really make an event of it. It's fun to vote in Cali! It's like a right of passage after our big move. I think as parents we teach so much by example, and I am glad to show Russell what a big deal voting is and participating in freedom, listening to the spirit as it speaks to each of us so we can use our voices and take our responsibility serious.
I am so excited for this milestone you and Hyrum have reached and I LOVE your passion about it!
Emily! I am so glad you found me! Your baby is sooo flippin adorable! How is life?
Post a Comment