Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A Different Ward

As I previously blogged, Olivia has not been doing well in Nursery at all. She loves kids but has wanted to make sure I was around too. That was hard for both of Hyrum's and my callings. He was Ward Clerk and needed to be available during church. I was Primary Secretary and needed to be doing other things. BUT anytime I would try to sneak out, Livvy would start to scream and within seconds they were walking out to give her to me. I could see no end to the trend we were in.

For various reasons, Hyrum and I had been discussing moving from the Family Ward we had been attending for about a year and going back to a Student Ward. It is a personality thing, some people don't like them as much. But we have really enjoyed being with people that are going through the same things as us.

We decided to move wards at the end of May. It has been a good "move" for our family. Olivia is really liking Nursery and doesn't want to leave once she's there. She still does cry when we are dropping her off there but they just hold her for a few seconds and she's cool. They are good at distracting and/or consoling. It's sooooo nice! Mostly because now I don't have to stress over it for when her little sis. comes.

I don't have a calling yet but Hyrum does in the Elders Quorum. Honestly, I'm just getting used to taking scriptures and manuals to church. It's a little weird. Oh yeah, they meet really late at 2:30 so we've been putting Livvy down for a nap before church. But they change their schedules along with BYU and so it will be going to 8:30 in August. That's going to be crazy with 2 kids but I think it will be good too. We'll adjust when that time comes.

On the other side, I miss the cute people that I was able to meet. I can't say that going to church with them helped me get to know them. I think it's more from working in callings with them and going to other church things. But I have some really cute friends from going to the Family Ward and I never would have had that happen if I didn't go. So, to my neighbors, near and nearer, I'm so thankful for you! You have no idea.

2 comments:

Ingrid said...

Olivia is sooo cute! She looks like she's 3 with her thick long hair! I am glad the nursery is going so much better. You guys must have made the right choice to switch wards. I can't believe you're having another little girl soon! I am so so happy for you! It's just fun to see what you guys are up to, and pics of you all. I hope you have a fun 4th of July weekend!

Taryn said...

How is the change going? I hope it is still a positive one where Olivia can be comfortable and you can too! Enjoy!