Saturday, May 22, 2010

You can't blame me

I have been thinking about Jack Johnson's song "The Cookie Jar" and honestly thought that he believed that it's media to blame for all of life's problems. I like his music a lot but thought he was getting to extreme on the liberal mentality. But I'm realizing that he's talking about everyone "passing the buck"-passing the blame, really. Don't we all know a lot of people like this? (Lyrics are here if you don't know what I'm referring to and are curious.)

2 comments:

Taryn said...

I haven't heard that song yet. Is it new? I just read the lyrics that you linked to...that's an interesting progression of "passing the buck" that Jacky J. writes about. I'll have to go check this song out on iTunes. What other things are you listening to now? I'm always up for finding some new tunes.

I LOVE the pictures of you all here in your side bar. You all look so good. Were Ella and Livvy's pictures taken while you were out on your train ride adventure? So fun...and great pictures too.

Emily said...

It's not a new song. It's off the On and On CD from '03 or something like that. I have listed to it dozens of times but started listening to Jack as he said "you better turn it around" I thought he was saying that the TV-or media- needed to turn it around...Saying that it's all the TV peoples' fault...no one is to blame for there own actions. But maybe he really is saying that we all need to take responsibility. I'm feeling kind of random right now.

As far as new music, I'm not the one to ask. I am far gone from the "new hit music". I'm not cool anymore. :)

Love you tons.