Announcing...
He was born 5 lb. 12 oz. and 19 inches long. He had labored breathing from the start but they decided he was okay. They took him to the nursery but when his blood sugar levels were checked they were low and they took him to the NICU. His levels increased quickly but for precautionary measures they kept him up there till 3:30 a.m. and checked him every 6 hrs for 24 to make sure that he could maintain the levels. It required supplemental feedings. His billiruben is a little high, just like our girls were, but he was more lathargic because of it after coming home and we are working on that, hoping to not have to do lights.
We both came home yesterday afternoon and have been doing pretty good. The girls are so happy to have mommy back. They are doing better with "baby brother" than I thought they would.
I will share My Labor Story later.
7 comments:
Oh wow! Congratulations! I hope everything continues to go well for you guys - glad the girls are adjusting ok. Hope you're healing well too!
Congrats Emily! How handsome is he with all of that hair. Hope you are doing well. I will have to come and see you.
Congratulations! You are amazing! I hope you are all doing well. Love you!
Congratulations! I'm glad he didn't have to stay in the NICU and you got to take him home! We're so happy for you and your family!
Congrats! He sure is a cutie!! Hope everything goes well at home!
Congrats! He is adorable. Glad he is here safe and sound.
He is fantastic! What a pretty baby! I hope you all are doing well, and that this adjustment period is a sweet one. Love you!
Post a Comment