Monday, September 12, 2011

Summer - 2/3

My mom moved at the beginning of July so these are the last photos I will have of the girls playing at her old house, that she lived in for 10 years. Here they are playing with some of Gamma's small toys. It was a hot day but they found it cool enough under the shade of her porch. These are some of my memories of Summer 2011... I just like that this shows Gamma playing with them. She's the "get down and play" kind-of Grandma.
One of their dress-up days.




In the middle of July my sister, Ruth, came up from Texas to stay at my mom's for a week and we got to spend time with them too. She came down to see me, along with Sherie and Sam and Jake on Friday, the 15th and we all went to BYU's Bean Museum and had lunch at the creamery after. It was a lot of fun to be with so many kids. My girls loved all the attention and fun. I didn't get any pictures of the day (of course) but got a couple of when me and the girls went up to Ogden a few days later. Joe and Keiko and their kids came in from Japan over the weekend and they stayed at Damon and Sherie's. We went up Monday, the 18th, slept over and stayed most of the day on Tuesday. We had a huge dinner with Damon and his family, the girls played outside almost the entire day and swam in the pool they set up for Summer. The next day we mostly stayed at Gramma's house. Ruth's and my kids played a lot and they were so sad to leave. I wish we all lived closer. There were a LOT of tears from the kids and adults when it was time for everyone to go home. A couple days after being in Ogden with family, we got to spend time with my super good, Taryn and her 2 kids, Clara (5) and Montgomery (2). They had a cute inflatable pool in her parent's backyard and we let the kids play while we tried to "catch up". The kids had a lot of fun and I was grateful to see Taryn. She's family to me. (but interestingly enough, I didn't get any pictures of her, just her cute kids. oops)
They had fun throwing the balls down in the water and splashing each other.







Ella loved the outside rim the most. I think it was because she could bounce on it and she liked the mist of water squirting her in the face.














I went back to my mom's for the last weekend in July and we spent a lot of time at Damon's house again- playing outside with their kids. I brought the girls swimsuits and Livvy almost lived in the pool the whole time. Ella was unsure, going in and out. I got this cute picture with Ella chilling on the porch swing with Melissa, who was 5 months pregnant at the time.



No comments: