Sunday, June 2, 2013

Last days of Kindergarten!

As the Kindergarten school-year was coming to a close, I wanted Livvy to feel like she was saying "good-bye," in a way. I'm 90% sure we won't be here for the next school year but, for her, these are her friends and she really liked going to school every day to see them. I had searched on Pinterest some ideas of something for her to make for her school friends and something else for us to give her teachers. 
 

I came up with this for her to make for her school friends. They are little owls wrapped around mini Hershey bars.


I couldn't get my photo to go the right direction, no matter what I did, so here it is side-ways.
She wrote her name on all of them and we wrapped them together.



I am just thinking of how cute these little hands are that love to make and create.
 I found a cute S'mores printable and got the makings for S'mores for Mrs. Banks and Mrs, Turk, the aide. Olivia LOVES both of them so much!
This was taken of Olivia and Mrs. Banks right after the last full day of school, on Wednesday, the 29th. Mrs. Turk was gone that day.


This is Olivia on the last official day, Thursday, May 30th. Kindergarteners only went to school for an hour but they just played and had fun and I hope it was a good way to end the school year for her. She got to pass out her little "owls" to her friends, too. She didn't seem sad like I expected her to be but maybe it's because I told her she's going to see some her friends again at playdates (my job to set up and make happen).
So, that's the end of her first year of school. She went Monday thru Friday from 12:00 to 3:00. She learned SO much! She learned how to blend letter sounds into words, read and sight-read a lot of words; to count from 1 to 100; Spanish letter sounds; a lot of new words in Spanish; value of coins; more geometry; more of everything. You are a smartie! She also learned to approach class mates better and not be shy; she learned to listen and focus more; to do homework and focus at home a bit AND I'm sure I'm missing something. Good Job cutie!

1 comment:

Taryn said...

What an adorable girl! Can you believe she'll be a full-time student in a few weeks? It's kind of mind-blowing! She'll do great, but when did she grow up?!

The owls are darling! Did you make those?