The most important Dad in my life is my husband. He amazes me so many times with all he's able to keep up with. For example, yesterday he brought home an outline to a presentation he has to do today. He only had a few short days to get it all together and I worried he wouldn't have enough time. He's capable of much more than I think I am, personally.
He works full-time at a clinic and he is in school full-time all year. He doesn't ever take a break and I know he needs it. Thank you Hyrum for all you do and put up with from me!
A picture of my cuties...

I wanted to make it a good day so we started with an IHOP-style breakfast with me as the chef. :) We don't have church till really late so we took our time. Our ward recognized the men too and that was cool. It's not just the women who get something. And then, Livvy's nursery leaders even made cute things. This looks like a burger and fries but it was a small cupcake with colored layers of frosting and then sugar-coated sugar cookies for the salted fries. SO CUTE! It makes me want to do stuff like this for people. I'm sure it took so much time and it was really sweet and yummy.

These two really liked the "burger"

Livvy sang in Sacrament Mtg. for daddy and it was adorable. I made Hyrum a Mexican dish called "Tinga". It's made with shredded chicken and onion in a chipotle-spiced tomato sauce, all served over tostadas. Hyrum really likes it and it was my first attempt. I have to admit that he still guided me a little. Oh well, I guess I still need his help. And then we had his favorite chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream while watching Army Wives.
That was kind of journaling and I apologize for it. What I should say to those who read is that I am so grateful for a man in my life that I can celebrate and be proud of. I know that every intention of his is good. I have read a few blogs of others husbands lately and really enjoyed them. I'm not the only one who made an incredibly great choice!
1 comment:
Oh I love Tinga! How cute of the nursery leaders in your ward to make those!!!
Post a Comment